- The generation of high quality human iPSCs from primary material such as skin, peripheral blood, and urine using different reprogramming techniques.
This service includes:
- Isolation, expansion and banking of the primary cells by the Hotel.
- A basic characterization of the generated iPSC lines for pluripotency using flow cytometry and immunocytochemistry.
- Cell line authentication with STR profiling
Optional services available:
- Additional characterization (e.g. karyotyping, PluriTest, ScoreCard)
- Provision of control iPSC lines generated in house.
- Advice and support regarding iPSC project planning and assay development.
- Supply of differentiation protocols developed or implemented in house.
Genetic modification (isogenic controls/ knockin): The LUMC hiPSC hotel is currently establishing protocols for CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing for generation of isogenic control hiPSCs and introduction of mutations into hiPSC lines.
Rent a room: One of our goals is to facilitate the differentiation of human iPSC for LUMC researchers. The hotel will support researchers to differentiate their iPSC line of choice into the desired cell type(s)/organoids under our direct supervision in a tissue culture room of the Hotel.
Once a year the LUMC iPSC Hotel hosts a workshop on pluripotent stem cells.
Tel: +31 (0) 71 526 9668
iPS Hotel Facility
Department of Cell and Chemical Biology (CCB)
Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC)
For additional information click here.